CHS students represented our school well at the Region Science Fair. Caroline Hendricks finished first in her category and will be continuing on to compete at the Georgia Science and Engineering Fair in Athens on April 1st and 2nd. Her project was titled "Symbiotic Nitrogen Fixation in Small and Large Partridge Pea." Maria Roman and Michael Morgan both finished first in their categories, Nicole Morris finished second in her category, and Darby Gainey finished third in her category. Congratulations to all the students who represented CHS at the Region Science Fair.
- Caroline Hendrix - 11th grade - "Symbiotic Nitrogen Fixation in Small and Large Partridge Pea"
- Leah Maples - 10th grade - "Music for Martians- Math or Mayhem behind the other worldly sounds of the Theramin"
- Michael Morgan - 10th grade - "Blood Splatter"
- Maria Roman - 10th grade - "The effects of the fungus Trichoderma Harzianum on Plant Growth"
- Darby Gainey - 10th grade - "Water Conservation in Reservoirs: the Impact of Shade Balls"
- Justin Camp and Chris Gaither - 9th grade - "Which Arrow weight and tip will penetrate the farthest through a bag of sand?"
- Nicole Morris - 10th grade - "Color and Sound the Perfect Marriage"